Get Your Ads in Tip-Top Shape for the Holidays with These 7 Tips!
Holiday shoppers have already begun thinking about creating the perfect holiday meal and selecting the right goodies to spread a little cheer this year. Now is the time to start to kick your holiday campaign planning into high gear and ensure that you are on the web pages your prospective consumers are already actively engaging with. With a succulent photo of your best cooked meal and a relevant Call-to-Action, your restaurant and/or products will be at the top of the list when it comes time to make a selection for creating the perfect holiday meal or choosing the most tasty holiday treats.
These 7 food advertising tips will ensure your ads are in tip-top shape for the holidays!
- Eye catching, mouthwatering images can make your ad pop. Be sure it complements your copy. If you have a spice or key ingredient, showcase it’s utility. Ex: Pumpkin Pie Spice Container overlaying pumpkin pie or pumpkin muffins.
- Call-to-Action (CTA) and Ad Copy should be relevant, helpful and valuable. Ex: “For a Limited Time, Sample Our Pecan Cheesecake” (accompanied by an aesthetically pleasing photo of pecan cheesecake). Or a coupon to print, ex: “Holiday Special! Save $0.50 on Cookie Cutters”.
- Color theory plays a role in ad design choice as well. Best practices hold that color should not be so bold as to overwhelm the viewer’s senses, but should catch the eye simultaneously. Blue, yellow and green are commonly known as the best choices.
- Link the ad to a specific product page rather than the homepage. Consider showcasing a recipe that features your product on the landing page or showcasing an image of consumers enjoying your products in a festive manner. This functions as your Call-to-Action and helps intensify your products appeal. If you don’t give the visitors a certain direction, they will feel like they were dumped on the homepage for no reason.
- Ad fatigue sets in at about 2 weeks. Plan ahead and make sure you refresh your ads frequently.
- Don’t treat all customers the same. Create different ads for different audiences and different products; Geo-targeting can also be an effective tool for acquiring consumers.
- Think outside of the box. Conduct a contest and put your product front and center. A holiday recipe challenge is a great way to keep consumers engaged on your site and your social outlets. This can also help you drive prospective consumers further down the conversion funnel because all the focus will be on you. Make sure it is exciting and that the prize is rewarding enough to stir up competition.
If you’re struggling with the right balance or need an ear to bounce a few ideas off of, contact your account manager at 212.967.9502. We are always on standby ready to help you!
In general, be sure to keep a consistent message throughout all your online advertising activities, because your campaigns should not exist in a vacuum. An integrated marketing campaign works best. Think of it as a wine and food pairing – a comprehensive marketing mix this holiday season can make all the difference in your online sales revenue success.